Department of Culture and of Historic and Cultural Heritage of the City of Vologda
The All-National Association of Piano Duos
The Vologda Regional V.A. Gavrilin State Philharmony
V.P. Trifonov Children’s School of Music of the City of Vologda
Support Fund for Musicians of Russia, USA, New York.
A.G. BAKHCHIEV International Competition of Piano Duos “Two at the Piano” contributes to the development of creative work of performers and composers; refinement of professional skills of talented musicians; preservation and development of the traditions of duo performance; dissemination of classical Russian, Western and modern music for piano ensemble.
Competition is open to piano ensembles for three, four, six, and eight hands piano.
piano ensembles of students of music schools and arts schools for children.
Within Category I, participants are divided into the following age groups:
• Group «А» – through age 10;
• Group «В» – ages 11 to 13;
• Group «С» – ages 14 to 16.
Students of ages 17 to 19.
Undergraduate and graduate students majoring in music and music pedagogy, ages 20 to 25.
Teachers of music schools.
Category V – “Teacher-student”
Students of music schools and teachers.
Within Category V, students are divided into the following age groups:
• Group «А» – through age 16;
• Group «В» – ages 17 to 19;
• Group «С» – ages 20 to 25.
Category VI – “Concert performers”
Category I Program of free choice (2-4 pieces).
Category II Program of free choice of a total duration of 10-20 minutes.
Category III Program of free choice of a total duration of 15-20 minutes.
Category IV Program of free choice of a total duration of 15-20 minutes.
Category V — «Teacher-student» Program of free choice (2-4 works).
Category VI – “Concert performers” Program of free choice of a total duration of 40-45 minutes.
• Participants’ programs can include original works, as well as published arrangements of music for two pianos and for three, four, six, and eight hands piano.
• Participants’ programs should include works of classical or romantic periods.
• Performance of only published compositions is allowed.
• It is not allowed to perform either arrangements of concertos for piano and orchestra, or two-piano arrangements of works originally written for piano four hands.
• Arrangements of jazz and popular pieces are not allowed.
• The jury encourages performance of original works for piano ensemble.
• Sheet music is allowed.
For the evaluation of participants of the competition, the organizational committee forms a jury comprising respected musicians – teachers and performers.
Jury president – Merited artist of Russia, Doctor of Arts, president of the All-Russian Association of Piano Duets, President of the All-Russian Association of Piano Duets Elena Gennadyevna SOROKINA.
The jury evaluates performances of the Competition participants based on the video recordings submitted.
Decisions of the jury are final and cannot be appealed.
Winners in every performance category are awarded Diplomas of I, II, and III degree and the title “Laureate of the International Competition”; Diploma of IV degree and the title “Diploma holder of the International Competition.”
Organizational committee establishes special diplomas and awards for the performance of particular pieces, as well as participation diplomas.
The jury reserves the right to identify the winner of the competition who is awarded a Grand-prix (with the respective diploma)
The winners’ gala concert will be formed from the best Competition performances. It will be posted on the Competition website.
Diplomas will be sent to the Competition participants via e-mail within a month after the results are announced.
To participate in the competition, the following documents are required:
• application (the form is attached);
• photograph of the ensemble;
• for students participating in categories I, II, III, V – electronic copies of birth certificates;
• links to the videos of the Competition performances posted on the website YouTube;
• a copy of the registration fee payment document.
Documents should be emailed to the electronic address of the competition:
Video recordings: technical requirements:
• Each composition included in the concert program is recorded as one file without stopping video recording, without video and audio edits.
• Both amateur and professional video recording can be done.
• Video recordings should distinctly display the keyboard, hands, and faces of all participants.
• Videos are submitted as links to video hosting YouTube. Each video file should contain the full title of the composition being performed, the last name of the composer (and, in case of an arrangement, — the last name of the author of the arrangement), names of the performers and the Competition category.
Category I – 1500 rubles
Category II – 1500 rubles
Category III – 2000 rubles
Category IV– 2000 rubles
Category V – “Teacher-student”
Group «А» – 1500 rubles
Group «В» – 1500 rubles
Group «С» – 2000 rubles
Category VI – “Concert performers” – 4000 rubles
The bank details:
МБУДО «Детская школа искусств №2 им. В.П. Трифонова»
Адрес: 160033, г. Вологда, ул. Беляева, 22 «А»
ИНН 3525086444, КПП 352501001
УФК по Вологодской области (МБУДО
«ДШИ №2 им. В. П. Трифонова» л/сч. 20306Ш90090)
в ОТДЕЛЕНИЕ ВОЛОГДА БАНКА РОССИИ//УФК ПО ВОЛОГОДСКОЙ ОБЛАСТИ г Вологда
Р/счет 03234643197010003000 Код БИК 011909101
к/с 40102810445370000022 ОКТМО 19701000
КБК 00000000000000000 130
Назначение платежа: организационный взнос на конкурс «За роялем вдвоем» за (Фамилия Имя участника) л/с 8000002172
Application deadline is April 1, 2023. After the deadline, the applications are submitted with the permission of the organizational committee.
The Organizational Committee reserves the right to make changes to the regulations of the Competition.